“My Song” “The Resistance”

(Listen to music while reading)”The Resistance”

My personal song has got to be “The Resistance” by Skillet. This song portrays the element of being stronger working with others and working hard for one specific goal.                                                                  First off, the phrase in the second verse, “Faith is like a fire that never burns to embers” shows how the determination of your will never dies out if your desire is strong enough. This line represents that the hard work of average individuals turns them into the greats and people who we strive to be like every day. This calling through melody and lyric reminds me to keep working towards my goal.                                Personally, one of my favorite lines in this song is, ” This is how we rise up, heavy as a hurricane louder than a freight train”. This has got to be one of the biggest connections from the song to my life because many people deal with everyday struggles that others don’t. This sets apart average from good and good to great. As a result, many kids and teens, especially kids at Beta, look at the homework of high schoolers and make a remark like, ” Lucky…” showing that their homework is much more advanced than that of a regular student.                                                                                                                              Finally, to show that no limit can ever be reached, the line that comes to mind is, ” It’s our resistance, you can’t resist us”. This line is the most meaningful to me because it portrays the essence of never slacking because a champion can easily be overcome if he/she is not working to their greatest potential all the time. This line is everything to me because it proves to me that my dream is achievable.       All in all, ” The Resistance” by Skillet is my personal song because of the strong essence of perseverance, determination, and most importantly unity not only with others, but yourself as well.

8 thoughts on ““My Song” “The Resistance”

1. I am sorry if I typed to much, I just love this song on so many levels.
    However, I have a close second called ” Red Light” by Hollow Point Heroes. Trust me, it is not the kind of song you thing so please look it up.

2. Gabriel the line that says,” I can’t sit here quiet,” describes you because you stand up for what you believe in, and you always stand your ground.”

3. Remember to listen to my close second, please. Its called “Red Light” by Hollow Point Heroes. If you like this selection make sure to follow and ask for more selections.

4. I love the song choice mostly because I used to listen to this band as well. Also, you one of the longest written ” My Song” meaning you must have put lots of details!